Wednesday, February 10, 2016
THE DANGERS OF HAVING ANTS IN A HOUSE: HOW TO GET RID OF THEM SAFELY WITH OUT HARMING FRIENDS, PETS AND FAMILY
Educate yourself about ants and the available control methods. If you decide to hire a ant control professional, look for one who understands your concerns about toxic chemicals and will work with you to select a least-toxic control program. At the same time, plan the repairs and modifications which will prevent recurrence of the problem without additional use of chemicals.
Ants are a very common household pest, and tens of thousands of homes across the United States become infested with the insects every year. An ant infestation can be difficult to treat, especially because there are so many different types of ants that end up in homes in the U.S.
• is the scientific name for black ants, which are also called sugar ants and Argentine ants. If you have an infestation of these ants, you’re likely to see the insects traveling across your floor in lines, seeking out sugar and food waste. Often, they take up residence in the kitchen. Black ants typically do not pose a threat to people or property, but they can be a major nuisance. Effective pest control for black ants must involve locating the entire colony and eliminating it.
• or the fire ant is a small 1.6 to 5-millimeter ant that is bright red in color. These ants will bite humans who get too close, so prompt pest control for fire ants needs to be completed at the first sign of the pests. You’ll often see fire ants in swarms in an infested home. Outside, the ants often form mounds that look like sand. You’re most likely to see these after it rains.
• Camponotus or Carpenter ants burrow into wood that has become soft due to age and moisture. The ants can cause severe structural damage if they are not dealt with properly, making rapid pest control for carpenter ants important. The most common sign of a carpenter ant infestation is piles of sawdust in areas that the ants have infiltrated.
• Winged ants or alates are ants with noticeable white wings. It’s possible to find just one winged ant in a home, as the insects can fly in through an open door or window; however, flying ants can set up colonies in homes. While alates usually aren’t harmful, most people do seek out services for pest control for flying ants because they are a nuisance.
• is a collective name that includes a number of ant species in two major genera which are superficially similar in appearance and size. Both are wood invaders. These are the yellow ants, which are not found in Washington, and the cornfield ants. They may be nesting in damp soil outside or under the house, beneath sidewalks, along foundations, or under debris and rocks in the yard.
For homeowners that are plagued by ants, there are , ant pesticides and ant traps offered on the market for DIY . While these products can help to temporarily , in most cases, they are not capable of fully removing the infestation. The reason why is that often it’s necessary to use measures for outside as well as inside, and homeowners usually do not have the knowledge or expertise to properly treat both the exterior and interior of homes.
If you’re not able to determine how the ants are getting in and locate the entire colony, ants are likely to just come back. As a result, it’s best to leave ant removal up to the professionals. If you’re in the Seattle, Kirkland, Issaquah, Samammish, Bellevue, Mercer island, Redmond, Kent, Woodinville or Renton areas, can help you deal with your ant problems. Contact us today for more information or to schedule an inspection.
Rats, mice and other rodents can become a nuisance when they come in close proximity to humans. In addition to spreading disease to both humans and household pets, rodents can also cause property damage and contaminate food sources. A variety of lethal and non-lethal techniques, including exclusion, habitat modification, and trapping are available that may effectively control these pests.
A pet mouse may be an adorable friend, but rodents that come in from outdoors and make a residence into a home are very undesirable. Wild mice can cause a number of problems for homeowners and pose threats to pets and people, making pest control for mice important. Read on to learn what consumers need to know about dealing with mice infestations.
Homeowners should always be on the lookout for the signs of a mouse infestation, as the sooner pest control methods are employed, the easier it can be to deal with mice in a home. This is because mice can have an average of 5 to 10 litters of babies every year, so a small infestation can become a large one in very little time. Signs of mouse infestation include:
• Odd, musky odors
• Boxes, crates & clothing that is chewed
• Pellet-like droppings
• Scurrying or scratching sounds in the ceiling or walls
Mice can cause a number of problems for homeowners. The rodents can do a considerable amount of damage to personal belongings, particularly when infestations are large. Feces left behind by mice can carry harmful germs that can make humans and pets sick.
Homeowners who are concerned about the risk of mice infestations can take steps to keep mice out by:
• Storing food in tightly-sealing containers
• Sweeping up crumbs and maintaining a clean house
• Placing screens on vents and chimneys
• Making repairs to cracks and holes in a home’s exterior
• Keeping weather stripping around windows and doors in good repair
• Storing firewood away from a home
• Maintaining landscaping around a house and cutting it away from the walls
• Using mice-repellent spray and electronic products
When homeowners suspect that they have a small mouse infestation, the problem may be able to be handled with DIY pest control products for mice. Traps are the most commonly used types of pest control products among consumers. One option is the live trap, which allows homeowners to humanely capture and relocate mice; however, people need to use caution when handling these traps to avoid coming in contact with mice. Traditional mouse traps that kill mice are also available, but must be used with care to avoid injuring children or pets. Rat poisons can be used to kill mice, but again, these products can pose health risks if not handled properly.
While it is possible to remove one or two mice with products that are available to the general public, homeowners that want the best possible results from are advised to hire a . Professionals can use stronger products and more advanced traps to remove mice and can recommend home improvements that can prevent re-infestation.
Homeowners that are looking for assistance with in Seattle can call AM/PM Exterminators to schedule an inspection or learn more about .
Pest control services by Ampm exterminators Handle Residential and Commercial pest problems in seattle
The AMPM Exterminators readily serves and provides expert pest control services in Seattle designed to help residential and commercial bug problems. The pest control company specializes in services including wildlife control, carpenter ant control, wasps control, bees’ control, fleas’ control, stinging insects, rat control, hornet nest removal and general services on getting rid of bedbugs.
The Seattle Exterminators provides professional services on mice control and removal, extermination, prevention and repairs such as real estate repair and clean ups due to bugs and all other insects. They can also be employed for carcass removal, bird control proofing and in elimination of Ant infestation.
The majority of these pests bring danger to your home and family. Pest control will watch over investments, carpenter ants can cause huge expenses in home and deck damage if not treated. Rats and mice may carry diesases such as Hantavirus especially the droppings they leave every on heating ducts. Bed bugs bites will cause a sleepless night. Cockroaches can give you dysentery and typhoid,Walking in a cobwebs in the morning from spiders in no fun and the list goes on.
Their pest control services can handle varying types of wild animals and pests including ants and cockroaches, stinging insects, rodents and more. The AMPM Exterminators especially takes pride in their family and pet-friendly pest control services. The services they offer are targeted not only in Seattle area but as well as others including Redmond, Everett, Kent, Renton, Mercer island, kirkland and other surrounding areas.
With their home-friendly pest control services, they can effectively get rid of pests infesting customer’s home and commercial establishments. Through their extermination services, it made it possible for Seattle residents to sleep peacefully at night knowing that bedbugs, carpenter ants, rodents, spiders and other insects are no longer a problem to them. Not only do the AMPM Exterminators offer their services for residential such as single family residences or apartments but also in commercial buildings including restaurants, hotels, schools and even industrial establishments.
The AMPM Exterminators are known for being a family-owned pest control company that fosters green services. It shows in customer reviews that it is their reputation to provide complete safe services. They are also known for their pest exterminators that are always ready with answers for customer queries. At the same time, customers love the fact that they offer same-day same pest control service that makes their service extremely valuable.
Furthermore, their service is very much cost effective with less health hazard and nuisance. As such, they are much loved by their esteemed clients who simply want great service without hassle and stress at all. This is exactly what the AMPM Exterminators have to offer their Seattle Clientele.
The AMP Exterminators definitely makes bug fighting, control and prevention an easy task to do thanks to their expert pest exterminators. For that reason, it is not surprising how many residents and commercial establishment owners turn to AMP Exterminators for friendly pest control services.
To know more about AMP Exterminators, please visit http://ampmexterminators.com/ or visit the following addresses:
3213 W Wheeler St.
Seattle, WA 98199
15127 NE 24th St.
Redmond, WA 98052
9813 S. 213th Pl.
Kent, WA 98031
16159 126th Ave. SE
Renton, WA 98058
8512 122nd Ave NE
kirkland, WA 98033
Company Name: seattle exterminator
Contact Person: Daniel Hunts
Email: Send Email
Phone: 425 200 8045
Address:8512 122nd Ave NE Suite 80,
Country: United States
Company Name: seattle exterminator
Contact Person: Daniel Hunts
Email: Send Email
Phone: 425 200 8045
Address:8512 122nd Ave NE Suite 80,
Country: United States
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
WHY ARE BEDBUGS AN ISSUE FOR HOTELS, VISITORS, AND HOMEOWNERS? PEST CONTROL TO PREVENT BED BUGS FROM SPREADING
MATTRESS, BOX SPRINGS AND OTHER LARGE FURNITURE BED BUGS REMOVAL GUIDE
• All mattresses and box springs must be encased in a sealed plastic bag before they can be discarded.
• Cut or deface mattresses, bed frames and upholstered furniture to discourage someone from taking them into their home.
• Before disposal, wrap the item in heavy-duty plastic and securely seal it with duct tape.
When bed bugs are inside a hotel or home, bed bugs spread rapidly from room to room – through pipes, in vacuum cleaners, on clothing and luggage. In a hotel, bed bugs can even spread to neighboring rooms, since guests are may end up moving to another room.
Any effective bedbug control strategy should start with a careful, thorough inspection by a professional of all known and suspected spots where the bugs may be harboring. This is not a pest that can be controlled effectively with do-it-yourself measures. As they are discovered, the pest control professional will develop a treatment and control strategy with the customer depending on the extent of the infestation.
is a company providing services and details on detecting and . These can be found in hotel rooms, offices, and other accommodations and can travel to one’s home through their personal belongings then crawl to their mattresses and hide in all creaks and crevices of the bed.
Since detecting may somehow be difficult for some, the company shares some details on how to detect them like learning what they look like or their appearance, scattered case skins, signs of defecations and also the obvious signs of bite marks. These are the common signs that should be taken as warnings that these pests are already lurking around one’s property.
• look up the hotel to see if there have been past reports of bed bugs. Also google your hotel name to see if anything comes up on sites like Tripadvisor. It doesn’t matter if it’s a motel or a 5 star hotel cleanliness has nothing to do with bed bugs and they can be found anywhere.
• Do not leave luggage on the bed, floor, or dressers at any time. Place luggage on the luggage rack away from the wall or in the bathroom. The bathroom is highly unlikely to have any bed bugs. keep suitcase in a tied garbage bag the entire duration of your stay.
• Remove the sheets and inspect the mattress at the seams, corners, and tag for evidence of bed bugs which are flat, reddish in color, about the size of an apple seed, shells, eggs & nymphs translucent in color, and fecal stains.
• Bed bugs do not hide only on mattresses. They love small, tight spaces and can also be in headboards, furniture near the bed, upholstered furniture, curtains, etc. so inspect all areas near the bed.
• If you are a frequent traveler and have the space for one, you may want to invest in a Packtite. You place your entire suitcase inside a Packtite, it heats the contents for 4 hours at a temp of 120 degrees, ensuring that all bed bugs and their eggs are dead.
The company also shares some organic cures that can be found in anyone’s home or in the nearest organic stores at their location. These cures are usually searched by those who don’t want to be burdened by the costs of bed bugs exterminators. Some of the common natural cures include cleaning prior to testing any literal cures like mixtures of different oils and other essentials. They emphasize that cleaning always the first method in not only removing all bed bugs but also finding out their hiding spots.
Aside from cleaning they also encourage the use of wiping off the areas where bed bugs are found, using the vacuum cleaner and even hot steam as these will help in getting rid of visible bugs and also in killing all the eggs from mattresses. They also share the use of essential oils, isopropyl alcohol, and diatomaceous earth. Applying tea tree and lavender oils on all infected areas can help in keeping them away from the bed due to its strong smell while diatomaceous earth almost does the same yet kills the bugs. On the other hand, isopropyl alcohol disinfects the bite marks of these pests.
If these natural cures do not completely get rid of bed bugs, they would eagerly recommend contacting a reliable like their company, bed bug Pest Control. This will make people aware of their services and how they can effectively remove these pests.
Bed bug Pest Control helps in completely getting rid of bed bugs and even other pests lurking around client’s property. They use effective solutions that are proven to and even their eggs.
Labels: Bed Bug Cover, Bed Bug Exterminator Cost, Bed Bug Exterminators Near Me, Bed Bug Mattress Encasements, Bed Bug Pest Control Companies, Exterminator for Bed Bugs, Orkin Bed Bug Treatment, Spray for Bed Bug
Location: Newport Hill, Washington 99156, USA